• We define the role of the maintenance officer
• What must a maintenance officer first establish when a maintenance complaint is received?
• Clarification and explanation of case law pertaining to section 6 enquiries, jurisdiction, defining “care” and “care-giver”
• An outline of how a section 6 enquiry is conducted
• Confirmation of paternity (and DNA tests) explained
• What are my rights when it comes to maintenance?
• Interim maintenance orders discussed and when to apply for an interim maintenance order
• Discussion of consent orders (J214)
• What happens it the respondent (father) does not show up at Maintenance Court on the day of the enquiry?
• What happens if the respondent (father) did not bring the required information on the day of the enquiry?
• Brief discussion of maintenance mediation (this will be dealt with extensively in a future webinar)
This section contains pre-reading material that you should read through at your leisure before the webinar. The webinar handout you would find on the next tab – we suggest that you download and print the handout / webinar material before the start of the webinar as we will be referring to sections in the handout during the course of the webinar.
Pre-reading material: How to prepare for a section 6 maintenance enquiry