• Discussion of the position of paternity (DNA) tests
• Case law and provisions of the Children’s Act that deals with paternity
• Understanding how blood tests (DNA tests) work
• Costs involved in paternity tests
• Discussion of respondents using DNA tests as a means to delay maintenance payments
• Can Maintenance Courts force the respondent to go for paternity tests?
• What if the respondent refuses to go for DNA testing?
• Can DNA tests be manipulated or changed by drinking muthi?
This section contains pre-reading material that you should read through at your leisure before the webinar. The webinar handout you would find on the next tab – we suggest that you download and print the handout / webinar material before the start of the webinar as we will be referring to sections in the handout during the course of the webinar.
• Pre-reading material: How to deal with paternity disputes (DNA)