• Discussion of current legislation and the recommendations of the SA Law Reform Commission regarding mediation
• What gets mediated in a maintenance matter?
• Discussion of a typical mediation process and that to expect
• Explanation of possible desired outcomes of mediation
• Negotiation process used in maintenance mediation
• General family law mediation discussion with an emphasis on new maintenance applications, defaulting or arrear respondents mediation and the intersection with domestic violence
• Discussion on the qualification of private mediators and maintenance officers
• Benefits of mediating maintenance matters vs litigation
This section contains pre-reading material that you should read through at your leisure before the webinar. The webinar handout you would find on the next tab – we suggest that you download and print the handout / webinar material before the start of the webinar as we will be referring to sections in the handout during the course of the webinar.
• Pre-reading material on mediations and maintenance