• Explanation of section 305 of the Children’s Act (abandonment of a child)
• Explanation of section 110 of the Children’s Act (duty to report abuse)
• Discussion of arguments that non-payment of maintenance amounts to abuse and neglect in terms of the Children’s Act
• Step-by-step guide on how to complete an affidavit to file at SAPS
• What are the next steps that will be taken when FCS division of SAPS get involved and what might be possible outcomes?
• Practical advice on how to use your rights in terms of the Children’s Act when it comes to child maintenance
This section contains pre-reading material that you should read through at your leisure before the webinar. The webinar handout you would find on the next tab – we suggest that you download and print the handout / webinar material before the start of the webinar as we will be referring to sections in the handout during the course of the webinar.