• Explanation of what a consent order is
• Different forms to be used for different consent orders explained (J214 or J168)
• Signing of the consent order by a respondent that lives in another province – how is it managed?
• Duties of the maintenance officer defined when it comes to consent orders
• Discussion of the relevant legislation (sections 17 and 16(1)(a)(1))
• Example of a supplementary affidavit by the respondent that wishes to sign a consent order without the need to appear in court to have the maintenance order granted
• Practical advice and tips for reaching an agreement by consent
This section contains pre-reading material that you should read through at your leisure before the webinar. The webinar handout you would find on the next tab – we suggest that you download and print the handout / webinar material before the start of the webinar as we will be referring to sections in the handout during the course of the webinar.